Broken Star Nut Now In Pile Of Poo

AaronR504

basically was riding earlier and realised star nut was not working right so tried tof ix it.... goes without saying obvioulsy that now its broken but as its my only bike i want to somehow get it going again without massive wobble because atm its my only way to or from college so is there any way i can botch it? any suggestions would be amazingly helpful thanks.

basically was riding earlier and realised star nut was not working right so tried tof ix it.... goes without saying obvioulsy that now its broken but as its my only bike i want to somehow get it going again without massive wobble because atm its my only way to or from college so is there any way i can botch it? any suggestions would be amazingly helpful thanks.

Bang another star nut into the steerer pushing the old one down and out of the way, job done.

Although not sure how well it will work with deng forks.

Not at all, the steerer tube gets thicker at the bottom, to the point it doesn't fit in.

Which is coincidentally the same reason you can't beat the starnut down and out of deng forks, only up, the hard, time consuming way.

Edited by Revolver

Not at all, the steerer tube gets thicker at the bottom, to the point it doesn't fit in.

Which is coincidentally the same reason you can't beat the starnut down and out of deng forks, only up, the hard, time consuming way.

not that hard... Thread a slide hammer into the star nut and yank the f**ker up?

Ben