What Frame To Get?

GRISTY

I would have to say it depends on your riding style and how you want it to look. I'm a old school frame kinda guy so frames that I like are simple like the old cannondale that martyn Ashton used to ride. Nice basic designs are what I like best. The closest new frames to that from briefly looking is the echo pure frame from a few years back.

You will probably find that if you like how the frame looks it will probably ride good too. It's gonna be a bit pyschological.

Good luck in your hunt.

• Like 1

I would have to say it depends on your riding style and how you want it to look. I'm a old school frame kinda guy so frames that I like are simple like the old cannondale that martyn Ashton used to ride. Nice basic designs are what I like best. The closest new frames to that from briefly looking is the echo pure frame from a few years back.

You will probably find that if you like how the frame looks it will probably ride good too. It's gonna be a bit pyschological.

Good luck in your hunt.

I agree with this.

It's whats affectionately known as a "can of worms" question.

There are so many answers/opinons that people can give you this could go on for pages.

Your best bet is to start by thinking what style you want to have (street/comp), look at budget, weight, a comfortable geo etc first.

Then look for reviews or talk to people who own the frames that fit what your looking for.

Finally and probably the best way of seeing whats there is to start borrowing people's bikes at rides to get a feel of different frames, what you like/dislike.

Hope this helps.

It's quite impossible for us to say what frame with fit your body type, and ride style. If you're into Natural, you'll benefit from a short frame, because it's easier to control and throw around. For TGS, a longer frame will allow you to go higher.

The stem and handlebar angle will also greatly affect the feel of your bike. Took me three tries before I found a fitting combo.