Tensile 96 Problems

p_ruskin

My 96 lockring will not stay tight for more than 1 ride any more, i had it for 2 months with no problems but now it ships constantly, i gave it a clean inside and a service but it still skips and falls apart.

I'm getting pretty fed up of it now, so is there something i can do at all without spending money on it?

Or is a new freewheel going to be a better idea as i have had two 96clicks now and they have both constantly f*cked up on me.

EDIT: it fell apart yesterday whilst riding, i still have all the springs and pawls, but i cannot not get the outer shell over the pawls and attach the freewheel together again, i have done it a few times before and managed to get it back on, but i have been trying for over 2 hours and just cannot get it back on without knocking out some pawls or springs. very very pissed off (N)

Edited by onza limey20

Yeh, ermm locktight.

To get the springs and pawls all in, just put the ratchet/outer shell thing on to about 4 springs and pawls.

Then you need to get some thin nose pliers, use them to put the spring in.

After when you're putting the pawls in, again thin nose pliers, but hold the springs back with something like a spoke so the pawl will go in (Y)

Which? If it's not the SL, cancel the order.

Only kidding, but seriously, i really recommend it.

I was going to get the SL but they are out of stock, so i thought which brand was most reliable, and got a trialtech 108. should last a while, and at least it will be better than the tensile.

+1 had nothing but shit from tensiles ! had one for a month and it f**ked up !

bought an echo tr for the same price and its been 100 x better (Y)

hasnt skipped yet ! had it for a few months now :)

guess there good for some, all i have ever used is tensile for 3 years now never had problems. 96click is the best they have made in my opinion.

But i only use tensile because its what the sponsor can give me, if not i would have gone for Echo TR :)

I'm not sure how it can bed in within 2 hours. I would recommend not riding trials on it straight away to let the grease work around, then it will work much better. Hopefully nothing will be damaged.

Okay thankyou, i will just try riding around on it for a few days, then see what its like.