General Maintainance

Jon Alty

Hi guys, was just wondering how often should i bleed my brakes on average? Im running HS33 on the rear and Magura Marta Disc on the front. I ride like twice a week and muck around in my garden sometimes also.

Also, can someone tell me a good product for polishing out small scratches and making my frame look as new as possible? It has the general trials scratches, which i would mind taking out.

Thanks alot.

Edited by Jon Alty

Hi guys, was just wondering how often should i bleed my brakes on average? Im running HS33 on the rear and Magura Marta Disc on the front. I ride like twice a week and muck around in my garden sometimes also.

Also, can someone tell me a good product for polishing out small scratches and making my frame look as new as possible? It has the general trials scratches, which i would mind taking out.

Thanks alot.

Hey, i gave you a validation vote very good grammar. :)

Hey, i gave you a validation vote very good grammar. :)

Thanks :) I find it alot easier to type with full grammar for a start, as opposed to 'txt speak", and i find when reading other peoples topics, who use text speak, its reallly hard to read fluently as i constantly have to stop and think about what they are actually trying to say :P I guess some people find the same as me so i prefer to type in full, although it may look longer :D

Waiting for "tl;dr" :$

Ay, I just validated you, send me gifts as you please.

I bleed mine every couple of months but depends how much your using them. When the pads aren't moving when you pull the lever it's time to bleed them (Y)

I just cleaned my frame with WD40 (I had a lot of sticker residue) and now my bikes shiny. But you have to wash it off afterwards or it's very difficult to hold your bike.

Edited by bikeperson45

Ay, I just validated you, send me gifts as you please.

I bleed mine every couple of months but depends how much your using them. When the pads aren't moving when you pull the lever it's time to bleed them (Y)

I just cleaned my frame with WD40 (I had a lot of sticker residue) and now my bikes shiny. But you have to wash it off afterwards or it's very difficult to hold your bike.

Lol yeh leaving the WD40 on probably isnt the best idea :P I hardly ever bleed my brakes :\ just like every 6 months when they get a bit spongey. However the pads have never got stuck though so thats a plus ^_^