Warm Riding Gloves

Mr Motivator

Ahoy,

I'm after some nice warm gloves, preferably wind proof as I think that's where most of the chill comes from. I rarely ride trials in the winter but when I'm on my other bikes and at speed, my finger tips are frozen within seconds!

My TLDs just aren't up to it, I'd like something windproof, warm, insulated and flexible enough to ride in and use the brakes.

Any suggestions?

Well if your on a budget but want a winter riding glove that will do the job, then checkout Halfords bikehut winter riding gloves £14.99. They look a bit pants, but their construction for the price is pretty decent. Halfords rarely update their web so you have to check them out instore.

A lot of winter gloves are made for people who are unfit and ride casually. They are very warm and comfy but also bulky and effect your ability to control the bars and brakes. Plus, if you are fit and put effort in when riding then they are just too hot, your hands can get really sweaty after 20mins. If its cold enough to need gloves like that then its usually also too icy and dangerous to ride anywhere!

I've used these Pro gloves for over a year now. They are windproof and much warmer than standard full finger gloves when the air is freezing and you're riding fast. They aren't much thicker than normal gloves so you still have plenty of control, I can ride trials in them without any issues. For £10 they are a steal, I paid £25 for mine and thought that was a bargain for how good they are. I was out for 2 hours XC on the local hills in the snow last week. It was in the evening, -2 or 3 degrees with a bitter cold wind, but my hands were perfectly warm :)