Rockman Slate 2

3dd

I though to put some pics of my beast as there have been few changes. The front tyre has to go - compound just too hard and because its very light and has thin sidewall need alot of presure to keep it steady. Got a Mountain king MK2 to replace this :P

Weight is about 9.1 Kg, back rim weighs a ton, so that will have to go after this winter.

Some picsof a briliant riding spot where I live(Gravesend)

thumb_ssfn33n2s3f93sfsnsdf9fjfs3.jpg

thumb_2j32esd3k2f4fn4efdlfn8rjs4.jpg

thumb_nnjse92238uffsrsj8sfnj34s2.jpg

thumb_42fk3299n8s2n2su23nr8ens3s.jpg

post-17902-0-95735300-1292352871_thumb.j

post-17902-0-95355500-1292352877_thumb.j

post-17902-0-80761700-1292353137_thumb.j

post-17902-0-34008600-1292353144_thumb.j

Edited by 3dd

How grippy do you find that small block eight on the front? thinking of getting one...

Hey. As I said it needs prety high presure to keep it steady and comfortable, but then grip is not the best. I would recommend going for nevegal 2.1 - about the same price, slighly heavier but a lot more grip!

Hey. As I said it needs prety high presure to keep it steady and comfortable, but then grip is not the best. I would recommend going for nevegal 2.1 - about the same price, slighly heavier but a lot more grip!

ahh strange i had one on my mod but was fairly epic, shame there not on stock (N) oh and btw, sweet looking bike man :)

Looks good Ed, whats the spec? Trying to get a ride together for sat, you up for it?

• Slate 2
  • Rockman spade forks
  • Echo SL headset
  • Trial-tech high rise sport forged stem
  • Try-all H front non disc hub on the front on blue try-all old type rim
  • Because non disc hub on try-all reinforced rim
  • Rain king on the back
  • Small block of eight 2.0 on the front about to be replaced by this
  • Trial-tech SL BB
  • Rockman pedals
  • Cracks are 175mm forget T-tech
  • Echo SL freewheel

I would love to go for a ride, but I am working that day! How about sunday or if you are busy that day I have 3 weeks of uni this xmas, so just give me a buzz! Lets hope its not going to snow that bad again...

Yeah that seems to be a growing trend with riders opting for small profile knobby tyres on the front. Is that a DIY downtube protector you've got there?

I think the only thing that make riders buy these is the price, otherwise they are poo! The protector is cut down armodilo - I think it looks better that way and still does the job (Y)

Edited by 3dd

• Slate 2
  • Rockman spade forks
  • Echo SL headset
  • Trial-tech high rise sport forged stem
  • Try-all H front non disc hub on the front on blue try-all old type rim
  • Because non disc hub on try-all reinforced rim
  • Rain king on the back
  • Small block of eight 2.0 on the front about to be replaced by this
  • Trial-tech SL BB
  • Rockman pedals
  • Cracks are 175mm forget T-tech
  • Echo SL freewheel

I would love to go for a ride, but I am working that day! How about sunday or if you are busy that day I have 3 weeks of uni this xmas, so just give me a buzz! Lets hope its not going to snow that bad again...

I think the only thing that make riders buy these is the price, otherwise they are poo! The protector is cut down armodilo - I think it looks better that way and still does the job (Y)

Im workin sunday lol. I should have a few days spare on the run up to christmas too, we will have to arrange something.

Are those forks light, I want some lighter more compy forks.

Im workin sunday lol. I should have a few days spare on the run up to christmas too, we will have to arrange something.

Are those forks light, I want some lighter more compy forks.

About 800grams! These are great! I think Urbans are fairly light, just not too strong... I cracked the Hs mount on my old ones (I think it was 2008 model)

Edited by 3dd

I have one of these front tyres but the 20" you say you have to run a higher pressure i found i had to run a lower pressure for it to be good, but when it is good its epic. Maybe you should try lower? you might like it.

I like high presure in the first place to be honest. I am not sure but maybe the 26 version has a different shape? I have 2.0, But the wider version would be better with lower presure with more contact area, especialy when the sides of the tyre are softer. I am sure the mountain king Mk2 will be 10 times better!

Edited by 3dd