Getting A Stock.

Toby

Right so after like 8-9 years of riding mod i really want to give 26 a try :) and im not too clued up on stocks :(

Im looking for a frame with high bb (+50-60mm) and prefrably quite short, now looking on tarty theres nothing really in that area most of the high bb bike are 1090-1100(was interested on the ozonys curve v2 though)

Only frame i can think of at the moment which meets my requirements would be hydroxx LT, but it seems there not made anymore unless someone knows were to source one :)

Being 5ft8 and being used to short bikes i thought this would be best frame for me, or will i be ok with something 1090+?

Forks, axle offset, im guessing this is how far infront the axle is set to the top of the fork? so shorter offset=shorter wheelbase, right? never really concentrated on this as i always used koxx forks on my mod :)

Now im probably going to nick my carbon bars off my mod for this build, what sort of stem should i be looking at lenght/angle wise.

Tyres, so many to choose from :P im not a fan of silly thin sidewalls, i know its not the same but i really didnt like monty/try-all light tyre due to this, found i had to run higher pressures which made the tyre feel to hard on flat surfaces

has to be relatively light though :)

Crank lenght, on mod i currently use 165mm for stock should i be looking at 170-175mm?

gear ratio, is the standard 15/18? not a clue to be honest

Cheers

Toby

Why do you want such a high bb? that is crazy high for stock

the reason you will struggle to find short frames with a higher bb is that they are more geared towards streetier riding rather than tgs and too high a bb makes manuals and spins really hard.

why not get a marino?

Why do you want such a high bb? that is crazy high for stock

the reason you will struggle to find short frames with a higher bb is that they are more geared towards streetier riding rather than tgs and too high a bb makes manuals and spins really hard.

why not get a marino?

Seems to be a pritty standard bb height nowdays looking at quite a few on tarty, i think i will be settling with something around 1080-1090wb

I really dont like marinos

Plus i will be purchasing a bike soonish :)

No, moving on the wednesday and need to pack.

Anyone got any usefull info on stems/tyres then, i think i may go for the ozonys curve v2 ;)

I would go for a Try-all 3d stem,very confortable low front ends on stocks feels rubbish.

erm i would go for maxxis high roller or try-alls

Try-all 3d stem is a good call, the one I tried on a proto onza stock ( 1080, +50 ) felt really damned good.

Tyres wise... Kenda small block eight or try-all stiky up front. Der kaiser rear if you want ultimate puncture protection and can afford it, minion if your budgets a tad lower, and kenda nevegal folding 2.5 stick-e if you ride smooth :)

I won't answer your questions because I don't think the answers would help but..

Rode mod for 5 years and then went over to a stock. Started off with a 2004 Echo Pure but soon went over to an A1 which was if I remember 1065/55/372/72. I had Zoo bars (the old ones) and a 145x25 stem. It was a great bike, felt a lot like a mod. I'd definitely recommend something along those lines.

The reason why going from mod to high bb stock can be "good" is because you don't feel the massive rear wheel under your bottom. The whole bike feels a bit like a mod.

My advice would be to go for a frame with a steep HT angle (72 or so) with a relatively short wheelbase but relatively long reach. Couple that with a long stem.