Best Front Hydraulic Disc Brake

Hope are by far the best I find, if you have the money.

Others I have found to work great are:

Quad QH5

Magura Louise

Magura Marta

and Shimano DLX

There are cable alternatives too:

Avid BB5/ BB7

And the random shimano caliper Im running on an Avid 185mm disc, which works great.

Those of you saying hope without a doubt have either never used a well setup mechanical disk or are just following the crowd.

My avid BB5 could and always would out perform any Hope i've ever used, my BB7's had a similar effect.

There are so many reasons to use a mechanical over a hydraulic.

No possibility of leaks, a huge choice of leavers and cables, the price!!!

If you can find someone with a well setup Avid BB7 or preferably a BB5 you will see what i'm talking about.

This is from someone who has used both for decent lengths of time on front and rear.

Either 160 or 180 on mod and 180 or 210 on stock I think. Also what is the difference between the mono trial and tech trial?

Just the leaver on the tech trial is alot more adjustable so u can have it exactly as you want it.

Basicly for rotors, you want 160 or 180 on a mod, and anything above 180 really on a stock, as there are lots of variations like 180, 185, 190, 200, 203 etc.

Also atm i run a BB7, which is a decent brake, however im finding it quite hard to keep setup properly. I think it could be the cable stretching a bit, i keep having to re-setup and re-adjust the brake to get it how i like it o.O. Having said thats its really easy to do as theres so many adjuster points, setting it up how you like it is quite easy.

If i was buying again, and had the money, i would buy a hope though.

Edited by Jon Alty

For me the best hydraulic disc would have to be hope, yes they are expensive but the performance you get is amazing if you get the right blead in them , on my gu i am running a hope on the front and soon to get one on the back they are amazing brakes and once blead right wont let you down .