Mission Reefer

MK999

Thought I'd beat the xmas day/soonest delivery date after crew and stick this in since I'm done spending too much money now :P Nothing amazing or even new I know but thought a few might be interested :)

Picked up this on ebay recently as I've been after a trials bike for a while since finding a BMX too cramped to be comfortable with spec now is:

Standard bits:

Alex DX32 Rear rim, DX24 front

Mission hubs/chainline/gearing

Mission Stem

FSA Pig Headset

Kenda Kinetics tyres

Bits I've added:

Try all Loc-all grips

Onza carbon bars

HS33 front and rear

Random front pads cam with the HS33 I got, smooth rim for a bit of modulation

TNN LGM's on what I think is a medium grind on the back

Speedrace single cage pedals

Tartybikes chainstay protector (Mandatory equipment I think??)

Comfy looking white seat from Halfrauds, which is a san marco ponza power apparently!

Seat is just sat there for now until I get a seat post, which is being a pain as it's 22.2mm! Only thing I've found is a Haro BMX seatpost on ebay that will fit, NOS from the 80's! Unless I go for a stumpy pivotal style seat, which is gonna be uncomfortable to ride when I need it.

Gonna be used to save a bit of money on the commute to work and hopefully have a bit of fun chucking it about :) (Quick release seat for dual purpose planned!)

24122010275.jpg

24122010276.jpg

24122010277.jpg

Edited by MK999

Think the main thing bringing it down is the graphics to be honest, clean white would look pretty cool and the graphics look cheap and horrible, was going to rip them all off soon as I got it but they're either lacquered over or painted on!

• 2 weeks later...

Seems like theres too much going on.. but if you like it and it rides nice thats all that matters :)

I agree, the decals/stickers/whatever you want to call them are too much, would look ok plain white... But stripping it down and painting is a bit too much effort/cost atm, see if I like it first :P

That was a fricken steal for £50 :o! I wouldnt personally like to ride one of these, but for £50 can you go wrong?

Well, £50 plus what the maggies cost me, and the odd bits I got for them like some ali bolts as some were missing/useless, had to get pads as someone let me down on those, seatpost and saddle etc (for trips to work/uni) cost a bomb because of the odd size, had to source a clamp and a piece of tube to make one. Add it up and it starts to make less sense really, but then there would have been costs on top of any bike I got 2nd hand so it's swings and roundabouts.

to be honest just as a commuting thing for £50 it's pretty decent, lighter than anything else you'd pick up on ebay etc, stronger and probably more reliable. The fact it's light enough and almost purposeful enough to be a decent trials frame is a bonus.