Whats The Best Program For Editing Your Vids

terry_harris

As above realy. ive saved some vids to my comp whats the best program to download to edit them and add music too thanks

Are you on Windows or Mac?

If Windows then Sony Vegas or Premiere Pro.

If Mac then Final Cut or Premiere Pro.

Daz.

Edited by Cresswell_d

9.999 times out of 10, most of the videos edited on the internet have no fancy editing and don't really warrant the use of such exclusive/elite programs like Premier of Vegas. Even with quick cuts from scene to scene, you can do that in Windows Movie Maker. I challenge anybody to show me a trials video of a rider that's on here that warrants the need for those pricey programs and couldn't be done in WMM. I think WMM even accepts HD video now to even broaden it's use.

I think a lot of people just like to say they have these programs, but in all reality don't even need them.

Edited by rupintart

9.999 times out of 10, most of the videos edited on the internet have no fancy editing and don't really warrant the use of such exclusive/elite programs like Premier of Vegas. Even with quick cuts from scene to scene, you can do that in Windows Movie Maker. I challenge anybody to show me a trials video of a rider that's on here that warrants the need for those pricey programs and couldn't be done in WMM. I think WMM even accepts HD video now to even broaden it's use.

I think a lot of people just like to say they have these programs, but in all reality don't even need them.

Yeh proberly the case with me, mine just came with my Adobe Photoshop Elements 8, WMM is still really good really easy to use I do use it sometimes for older videos as my Premier doesn't like my old cameras footage.

Don't really understand that. I persnally is going to download vegas just because people have said that there are a lot more 'smaller' effects. For example, on windows if you wanted to do zoom in effect thrn it zooms in quite quickly and makes the picture fairly.grainy. Also on effect ' fade out' (or in ) fades real quick where as on vegas you can choose the speeds of the zoom,fade,slow moton.

Don't really understand that. I persnally is going to download vegas just because people have said that there are a lot more 'smaller' effects. For example, on windows if you wanted to do zoom in effect thrn it zooms in quite quickly and makes the picture fairly.grainy. Also on effect ' fade out' (or in ) fades real quick where as on vegas you can choose the speeds of the zoom,fade,slow moton.

And what percentage of videos on here utilize the zoom, slow mo, or adjustable fade? I'm not saying WMM is the end all or anything of that nature, but even those very basic tools you pointed out are hardly even utilized in most trials vids. I have Premier on my PC for the simple fact of utilizing it for school projects. And what happens when people use effects? People complain it's over-edited and just prefer a simple cut to the scene....case in point, WMM works fine for most every film on here.

• Like 1

After a year of using Vegas i'm starting to find limitations to the Studio version and would much rather prefer Pro. Also WMM (not the newest one, haven't used that which is Windows 7 only i believe) can't free place the video clips, they have to be stacked against each other. Also it may limited to what formats it can accept. But mind you, some of the decent editors are only £50 or so. Try the trials out, 30 day ones are free.

But as Rupintart says, depends what you want. Most people literally just want to put footage on the net with a song they like and aren't worried about editing.

is there a way of finding a help vid on how to use wmm properly as im trying to edit vids and cant seem to add songs or edit the vid right

is there a way of finding a help vid on how to use wmm properly as im trying to edit vids and cant seem to add songs or edit the vid right

go on vimeo , help , video guides . page 4 , editing with movie maker .

i tried to send a link but it came up with a randon video sorry.

Edited by matt.price