Question For Mod Users

terry_harris

Hi all ive noticed when i had my lynx frame and now my koxx hydrox frame that my chain rubs on my frame its only just touching but after a while its gona start to eat my frame. ive got the right size bb and runing a trialtech screw on cog on a echo tr hub i could try and space the hub out which will push my frme out a little bit which should stop my chain rubbing my frame. Whats your veiws and does it happern on any of your bikes if so what do you do???? Thanks

You either need to keep an eye out on your chain and tighten it often or go for a chainstay protector. I used to run w/o cs protector till i got fed up with looking after it. That problem is even bigger if you ride left foot forward (like i do), because when fail to land sidehop it's 2x damage.

Cheers

iv had problems on every bike with my chain hitting my frame i couldnt sort it so i just let it rub a groove in it .

it went all the way through on my gu and never caused me an isue same thing happened on my neon they both did snap but it places that were nothing to do with it one on the top tube and the other on the drop outs..

got a groove in my curve now and have been riding loads not causing me a problem just f$$ks first chain that goes through it .