Mad Phase 1.2

onza1

Hi

I am currently riding a phase 1.2 and aret entirely happy with the front end. The handlebars have a rise in them but the stem is quite short so could I put a onza forged stem on there would it fit and would it feel comfy.

Any advice welcomed

to make it single speed you can just take you derallier off and put a chain tesioner on but the best thing to do would be to buy a spacer kit http://www.tartybikes.co.uk/splined_sprockets/trialtech_single_speed_spacer_kit/c28p10341.html get a new rear sprocket http://www.tartybikes.co.uk/splined_sprockets/c28.html and a chain tensioner http://www.tartybikes.co.uk/sprung_tensioners/c48.html i would reccomend a two wheel tensioner because it will give you better chain rap and better tension, with all of this you would be able to put it all on, shorten your chain a little bit and be ready to ride single speed :) you will have to work out what gearing you want, im not sure what gearing people use on a stock because i ride 24" but i would find a gear on your bike that you find comfatable on, count the amount of teeth on the rear sprocket and then buy a sprocket that size. as for your bars, what size diamater are they ? if there 31.8mm then your bars will fit that stem fine.

hope i helped :)

chris

you might be able to, depends on your chainstay length and gearing, but the chain will start off tight but then after a while it will go slack from where it stretches, but you could just make a spoke tensioner look at picture six, not realy the guy to talk to about making them so have a look on the search bar on how to make one :)

chris

Cheers mate u have been very useful will ring tarty tomorrow about a chain splitter and will see what they reckon as for the stem I think that will have to wait a bit need to sort these b*****d geers out first

Cheers :)

Edited by onza1

Bloody thing, the main reason of me asking this was cuz I keep catching the hanger think I'll wait till the hanger breaks or the gears bust then I'll try a spoke tensioner they look pretty sweet . Headset spacers how many will my bike hold?

Cheers geez for all the help :)

I have just looked at my phase 1.3 with standard forks and stem and it looks like its got 3 5mm spacers and 1 10mm spacer.

The only thing you can do is try putting the extra spacer in and look at where the stem is and make sure that there is plenty of steer tube for it to clamp on to.

I did not find it that bad and Im 6' 7" but before I had it I had an Onza T-Raptor with a low stem and flate bars.

Do you ride another bike or have you switched to the phase from another bike that had a higher front end?

As this could explain why it feels low.

I did not find it that bad and Im 6' 7" but before I had it I had an Onza T-Raptor with a low stem and flate bars.

Do you ride another bike or have you switched to the phase from another bike that had a higher front end?

As this could explain why it feels low.

6'7" f**kinhell ur a big lad, yh also ride a mod with a high front end that's why I was thinking of the stem off my mod on my stock what do you reckon?

6'7" f**kinhell ur a big lad, yh also ride a mod with a high front end that's why I was thinking of the stem off my mod on my stock what do you reckon?

Theres no reason why you cant try it but it will also make the bike feel longer as well.

People do put mod stems on stocks but they do tend to be on the shorter side of mod stems.

Other than that play around with the angle of the bars as this can somtimes make a lot of difference to how the bike feels and try the extra spacer.