Tight Spot On Hope Pro2 Trials Now Fixed

AJ9604

I've searched and searched and cannot find the answer, my pro 2 trials hub is binding in certain spots after I tighten up the bolts, it is fine before I do them up, the spacer is between the freehub and hub before someone says it, the freehub aslo has a little bit of oscillation when you turn the axle a bit like you get on a cheap screw on cassette, its all greased and oiled how it should be, what else can it be, I have taken the axle out and rolled it on a flat surface and I can't see that it is bent but that is not to say its not, anyone got any ideas, without spending big bucks please,

Cheers

AJ

Edited by AJ9604

Mine used to do this when the bearings weren't completely seated in the hub. Strip it down and remove all the bearings from the shell, carefull clean everything then reassemble it, but put a tiny smear of grease onto each bearing before you drift it in, and make sure you get them well and truly seated. Always sorted it for me.

Mine used to do this when the bearings weren't completely seated in the hub. Strip it down and remove all the bearings from the shell, carefull clean everything then reassemble it, but put a tiny smear of grease onto each bearing before you drift it in, and make sure you get them well and truly seated. Always sorted it for me.

This is what I thought it might be but with the freehub ocsilating I am only left to guess that its a small bend in the axle causing in, also the washer between the freehub and hub body has some recesses in it which should not be there so a new one of those is going in too

Instead of forking out a load of money send it to hope on warranty and get it fixed for free. They're warranty scheme is brilliant. Just ring them up, talk to them about it.

(As long as its not general wear and tear, it doesn't cost)

Edited by Stanners

Well I want to upgarde to the new freehub so now is as good a time as any and it might be that so if this does not fix it then I will send it ti hope, I've rung them about it already and they thought it might be the axle and washer so replaced them as it was a cheap fix, but as for spending loads its onlt the feehub that has cost a lot but I got it cheaper than retail so I don't mind as I wanted the newer needle bearing one as my srockets have also dug in a lot

Iv had this problem and NOTHING i tried fixed it.

Stripped, new bearings, axel, seals, everything. The only way i could cure it was tightening the non drive side, followed by the drive side and not going too crazy with the 8mm :)

Now its fine, tighten it however, i found it odd but give it a go mate :)

Iv had this problem and NOTHING i tried fixed it.

Stripped, new bearings, axel, seals, everything. The only way i could cure it was tightening the non drive side, followed by the drive side and not going too crazy with the 8mm :)

Now its fine, tighten it however, i found it odd but give it a go mate :)

Yeah mine is kinda like that but I can't do up the drive side at all with out it becoming tight