Bmx Chain Keeps Loosening

Dwarf Shortage

I pull my wheel back, and tighten up the lug nuts, it all stays nice and tight, until I pedal down to bring the front end up, and bunnyhop out, and it goes back to slack.

Which, aside from being Amy Winehouse's latest album, is also insanely irritating.

I don't know where I'm going wrong, I've tightened loads of chains before and it's never happened, it just slips back every time.

I'm running right-side pegs and using a ratchet to tighten it up as tight as I can.

• 1 month later...

Remove any loose material from between the hub cones, frame, and pegs. And sand to remove any paint from the frame on the contact areas can help, but gotta be clean job. A bent frame can also cause your wheel to sit off centre giving a slack chain. If you have a tiny gap between the axle and dropout, just wedge something in there, like a small stone or bolt head. Try using washers if aren't already doing so and an anti spin bolt on your peg. Though RH pegs shouldn't cause a loose nut. Washer goes inside peg, not outside. Try some fresh ones or angle grind your old ones a bit to give a nice abrasive surface perhaps? Sorry if that sounds obvious stuff or you've already tried.