What To Upgrade?

Jimbob 2705

Hi Guys,

Just got my 1st trial bike and just wondered if there was anything I should upgrade/change?

Spec:

Frame :Monty Pr 221

Forks: Onza

Stem : ZHI

Bars : Onza carbon flat bars

Cranks : Monty Pr

Freewheel : VIZ 72click

Wheels : monty Pr disc rear wheel

Front wheel : Onza Disc wheel red and silver nipples

Tyres : Maxxis

Front brake: Formula Hydrolic

Rear brake : Avid BB5

I was thinking of changing the bars to maybe some riser bars? Would that improve the feel of the bike?

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Hi Guys,

Just got my 1st trial bike and just wondered if there was anything I should upgrade/change?

Spec:

Frame :Monty Pr 221

Forks: Onza

Stem : ZHI

Bars : Onza carbon flat bars

Cranks : Monty Pr

Freewheel : VIZ 72click

Wheels : monty Pr disc rear wheel

Front wheel : Onza Disc wheel red and silver nipples

Tyres : Maxxis

Front brake: Formula Hydrolic

Rear brake : Avid BB5

I was thinking of changing the bars to maybe some riser bars? Would that improve the feel of the bike?

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Risers are a must! & depending on which onza forks they are, i would definately change them aswell.

If it's your first bike, and you've not ridden trials before then I wouldn't worry about changing anything yet. (Unless something is broken)

Good point,

I was just wondering if there was anything that seemed out of place or not ideal, so I could change it. I was thinking of getting some riser bars as quite a few people seem to recommend them?

Thanks

Good point,

I was just wondering if there was anything that seemed out of place or not ideal, so I could change it. I was thinking of getting some riser bars as quite a few people seem to recommend them?

Thanks

Riser bars are personal preference. If you get on with flat bars then don't change them.

I personally prefer risers.

I'm unsure about whether you 'need' to change things but when I changed my forks and bars I went with V!Z pro 720 bars and Echo urban 09 forks and would defiantly recommend both. I love the feel of the V!Z bars and they look pretty posh too.

There's nothing wrong with learning trials with flat bars, my bars have very little rise and it's fine.

Untill you get good (hopping onto walls four foot high), there is no need to change anything unless it brakes or peforms poorly. Otherwise you end up with an amazing bike that you can't ride properly.