Bouncing On The Front Wheel.

Carlperkins

ive been looking at the usual trashzen etc, and ive been trying the bouncing on the front wheel, i can do 2 maybe 3. but after the 1st one the rear wheel starts getting closer to the ground.

can anyone do this trick and have any tips? im assuming its because im not over the bars enough or im trying to hop with my arms instead of legs.

any help much appreciated!

I find a longer stem makes the front end balance point larger. Probably just more forgiving, if your too far forward or back. Other than that dont be afraid to lean too far forward. Worst thing that can happen is you put your feet down, or land on your face.

For some reason when im on my front wheel hopping i find i point the tips of my feet down and start hopping backwards. Will help when i wanna learn to nose manual backwards.

I remember reading some advice along the lines of 'lean over the front hub'. I keep that in mind whenever I do front hops, and it seem to work!

Keep the back end up by kicking your feet slightly with each hop. You'll get the hang of it!