Some Help On Gap Technique

omgnoseat

As the title suggests, I need some help on my gapping technique.

Gaps have always been my worst skill, about time I do something about it.

Here's an example, it's a dropgap but that shouldn't make a difference.

Seems like i'm putting al my power in it, but the distance isn't that incredible.

It feels like i'm doing something wrong at the preload, but can't lay my finger on it.

Any suggestions or criticism is welcome!

I'd say your technique isnt bad at all! One thing I've noticed though, if you pause the video at 10 seconds, your weight over the bike isnt brilliant. Maybe if you really chuck your weight more over the front you will be able to go further. Everything else looks pretty good though mate. :turned:

I'd say your technique isnt bad at all! One thing I've noticed though, if you pause the video at 10 seconds, your weight over the bike isnt brilliant. Maybe if you really chuck your weight more over the front you will be able to go further. Everything else looks pretty good though mate. :turned:

Should I already hump my stem at that point, not after the take off like I do?

Should I already hump my stem at that point, not after the take off like I do?

Yep! Then chuck all your weight over the front whiles exploding the drive chain. ( Sound like Ryan Leech..)

Also, not sure if you are or not as i cant tell from your video, but when you take off, turning your whole bike slight side ways helps alot. So say your gap was a 12o'clock, if your right footed like me you will angle your bike at about 1, or 2 o'clock. If your left footed then probably 11 or 10.

have you got the full speed clip too? to me it looks like you just need to give a more explosive jump and looks like you can tuck abit more too, combine that with the angles that Sam T has suggested and i think itll go further.

by the way i only got them suggestions from watching myself do the same sort of thing with the same problems, and it helped a fair bit. got an extra 14" on my flat ground kick.