Putting A Tensile Freewheel On A Fixed Hub

neilrobson1989

Yeah it's just the outer black lock ring that needs the loctite on it. Should be able to undo it with any normal pin spanner or a punch and hammer. It's just where they're designed to go on the front the lock ring would be butted up against the crank arm and held in place. I ran one like this for the best part of a year and was fine.

Edited by craigjames

Yeh I had to put loctite on mine, mine hasn't skipped at all yet so they are alright on the rear.

On the first picture. The black lockring you need to take off but be careful not to disturb any of the pawls, then loctite the threads of the lockring normally leave it for 30mins or so for the loctite to work. On the second picture. You need to grease the threads on the bit that goes onto the hub.

post-25833-0-77391300-1304244925_thumb.j

post-25833-0-33872200-1304245086_thumb.j

Edited by Milo123

Yeh I had to put loctite on mine, mine hasn't skipped at all yet so they are alright on the rear.

On the first picture. The black lockring you need to take off but be careful not to disturb any of the pawls, then loctite the threads of the lockring normally leave it for 30mins or so for the loctite to work. On the second picture. You need to grease the threads on the bit that goes onto the hub.

10/10 for presentation :D much appreciated, is this the cheapest im gonna get one?

http://www.leisurelakesbikes.com/product/parkpinspannerspa2.aspx?&id=1245

thanks guys