Decent Helmet?

MadManMike

Looking for something like a Giro Hex but preferably much cheaper...

Any suggestions?

Fox flux - loads of different types on www.mx1.com, some for £70ish, and a few of them for £45. I actually just ordered one (Y)

They look mint

And im pretty sure you can get some fairly cheap giro hex' on CRC

I bought so many helmets online before I realised the best plan was going into a shop and paying 10-20% more for something that actually fits. Now I've learnt my lesson, I'm going to share my wisdom: No one should buy helmets online.

• Like 1

The Giro Hex is only £5 more than the helmet you bought though? SO i'm presuming originally you were meaning the Giro Xen.

I've got the Xen and as much as i like it, the fit has never been great and never a patch on my Giro Semi-MX. If only they did a similar helmet with bigger vents then i'd be very happy.

Oh - wiggle have them for £35 and Evans for £30... £60 sounds expensive for a Hex. Having had a look for myself it seems the Hex certainly has gone up in price in recent years. I always remember it being the cheaper alternative to the Xen.

Edited by Matthew62

It seems I was looking at 2011 ones then, I found the cheaper ones you mentioned. Anyway I was set on getting one in a shop as I've never worn a helmet before and wanted to make sure they agreed what a decent fit is. I could have put any helmet on and thought "Hmm, weird, seems to fit though"...

Some people seem to suit certain brands, and some people just fit any old helmet.

I had a few different brands of helmet, none of them perfect. Then I tried a Fox Flux and it was a revelation, perfect fit.