My Echo 24" 2011

Luke Dunstan

So much has changed in the last few months, so here's an update. Went with the mod stem because I was so cramped before, It rides like a dream now. Couldn't be happier.

New items...

Echo SL Freewheel.

Swampthing + Moto tyres.

Welter weight tubes.

Downtube protector (had a nasty bash on a wall)

Trialtech Mod stem

Trialtech high rise bars.

post-26346-0-09902800-1305276244_thumb.j

post-26346-0-39439300-1305276254_thumb.j

post-26346-0-92591500-1305276262_thumb.j

post-26346-0-28444400-1305276273_thumb.j

post-26346-0-48682800-1305276287_thumb.j

Edited by Luke Dunstan

That looks awesome, How do you find the rear Swampthing and the front motodigger? I am thinking of running a rear swampthing when i get my 24 but I am unsure whether to go for a small block 8 or motodigger on the front!

Also hows the high front end? I am looking to run a set of risers and a 150x30 mod stem on mine. Are you running 18-14? If so what length cranks?

Thanks

Adam

That looks awesome, How do you find the rear Swampthing and the front motodigger? I am thinking of running a rear swampthing when i get my 24 but I am unsure whether to go for a small block 8 or motodigger on the front!

Also hows the high front end? I am looking to run a set of risers and a 150x30 mod stem on mine. Are you running 18-14? If so what length cranks?

Thanks

Adam

The Swampthing is really good. Had a Highroller before but it was a bit too big for the frame, and weighed way too much. The Motodigger is also pretty good. But saying that the small block 8 looks like ideal, and is a bit lighter. I'll probably get one when the Moto gets dull.

Before the high front end I was using a Tarty stock stem and Onza carbon bars. It rode okay but I felt very cramped, so on Marks advice I ordered that stem/bar combo and it made a world of difference, it's happier on the back wheel than on both! Highly recommend it.

And yes, I'm running 18-14 with 170 cranks. Runs perfect.