Xr 26

fathopper

Hello,

I'm currently riding an Ozonys Xr26. The gearing I'm running it on is currently 18/15. Now I find this gearing fine, but with the chain I have to use a half link, which I have a tendency of snapping often. Could anyone recommend a different maybe ratio, or any chain tensioners setups which would be able to allow me to not use a half link...

Any help greatly appreciated, fed up with snapping half links, would prefer to run a complete link.

The XR26 has vertical dropouts so dont you have a chain tensioner or is that why you are running a half link?

If your looking for a tensioner a Rohloff is your best bet, can get a good second hand on off here for not to much. Or most double wheel tensioners will work fine.

if it's on slidey drop outs there's no mounts for a tentioner and sometimes slidey dropouts are only designed for one gear ratio anyway. why not try 18-14? i've been using it for 2 months and it's not impeded my riding, just takes a bit of getting used too, all you'd need to do is remove the split link and join the same amount of chain as before :)

Yeah it has vertical drop outs, and I'm also running a simple sprung chain tensioner,This one but I still need to use the half link, I was wondering if I used another tensioner maybe a two jockey wheeled one or a different set up of gearing to make the chain a suitable length without resorting to a half link.