My New Ozonys Xr26!

Stan Shaw

Ello all. Finally built my new Ozonys XR26 frame after doing some modifications to it and sourcing some parts. Tried to get it as light as possible, weighs in at 9.26kg which I am happy with.

Been for a ride tonight and I really like it! Geo is similar to the Cannibal but the wheelbase is slightly longer. Feels really stable on the rear wheel and with the bike being lighter, it feels really nippy. The front tyre is awesome!!! It was a pure experiment to see if would be good and so far on street its ace. Also got some new updated Echo Cylinders which seem very good so far, they are a much nicer shape. These are being held in place by some prototype Try-all clamps which are pretty pimp.

Quick Spec:

Frame: Ozonys XR26 2008.

Forks: Atomz, soon to be Trialtech. :-

Stem: Trialtech which looks pimp in white! Also with Trialtech carbon spacer.

Bars: Trialtech Prototypes.

Rear Brake: Echo CNC lever and cylinders, Try-all Prototype Brake clamps, Trialtech Ti bolts and also some prototype Trialtech pads.

Cranks: Middleburns with a Ti bash.

Bottom Bracket: Trialtech M15 Lite with Monty Alloy bolts.

Pedals: Trialtech Magnesium with Ti axles.

Rims: DOB Front and Try-all rear modified to be single wall.

Hubs: Viz front disc. Chris King SS Rear with Trialtech Lite Sprocket and carbon spacer.

Rear Tyre: Maxxis high roller which has been cut.

Front Tyre: Try-all Slick 2.35.

Thanks to my sponsors: TartyBikes, Trialtech and Ozonys!

Onto the pictures taken by Adam@TartyBikes.

stanbike1.jpg

stanbike2.jpg

stanbike3.jpg

stanbike4.jpg

White for the win! :) Stem looks pimp and is super light!

stanbike5.jpg

stanbike6.jpg

New Echo Cylinders..

stanbike7.jpg

stanbike8.jpg

stanbike9.jpg

Taken a lot of material out of the yoke, you can see right through the back of the BB yoke and out of the headtube.

stanbike10.jpg

A proper slick tyre!

Video soon!

Stan.

The bike looks really nice, and good to see the weight saving done properly, not just some drunk with a dremel.

Not sure on the front tyre, looks like you forgot to put a tyre on all together... However if it performs, fair enough. Saves cutting the knobbles off I suppose..

That looks phenominal, Stan, proper job!

Haven't taken the DOB rim to single wall yet then?! Go on...

Front tyre looks nasty, but how's it performing under different conditions?

I've seen a DOB rim single wall and it lasted all of 5 minutes, haha. They only thing I can think of to make it lighter, is latex tubes front and rear and chop my hanger.

Only rode with that tyre for 2/3hrs, but so far I like it more than one with tread. You get more feel through the tyre, and its suuuuuuper stable, basically there are no knobbles to bend or squirm so it feels very sturdy! Seems to grip your average street stuff very well. Not tried on natural yet, but will do this weekend. The only downside I can see of the tyre is wet conditions, but it only takes 2 mins to change it.

Awesome Stan!! so much attention to detail. Especially with the stickering! Meck hanger har to be cut, suprised it missed the first chop! I'd like to see some footage of that tyre being ridden!!

Not running trialtech cranks??

Andrew

EDIT: also are the reflector bracket things on the pedals really needed, could cut them out surely. Suppose DMR pedals have a support there for a reason.

Edited by walker

I've seen a DOB rim single wall and it lasted all of 5 minutes, haha. They only thing I can think of to make it lighter, is latex tubes front and rear and chop my hanger.

Only rode with that tyre for 2/3hrs, but so far I like it more than one with tread. You get more feel through the tyre, and its suuuuuuper stable, basically there are no knobbles to bend or squirm so it feels very sturdy! Seems to grip your average street stuff very well. Not tried on natural yet, but will do this weekend. The only downside I can see of the tyre is wet conditions, but it only takes 2 mins to change it.

Sounds cool :)

I assume the rubber is either a bit of a thicker layer than standard, or is a slightly harder compound than the regular Try Alls to compensate for wear?

Definitely intriguing, though wet conditions could be pretty interesting which puts me off a little

Have you tried one on the rear yet?!

loads of little neat mods! i want to do that to my headtube, i saw a bmxer that had the shell drilled out on the bb shell too, i thought it looked neat until realising how much dirt can get in! but nevertheless good effort.

im sure all them stickers weigh a few gram or 2 :P

im very curious what that front tyre is like, what is it intended for?

steve

Sounds cool :)

I assume the rubber is either a bit of a thicker layer than standard, or is a slightly harder compound than the regular Try Alls to compensate for wear?

Definitely intriguing, though wet conditions could be pretty interesting which puts me off a little

Have you tried one on the rear yet?!

The compound seems pretty soft! The main area of the tyre is just slightly thicker than the sidewalls. It weighs in at 591g which is forkin light! A slick tyre will take ages to wear anyway as the pressure/grip is spread around the surface rather forced onto a couple of knobbles.

Not tried one on the rear, as I think the rear tyre is worked much harder and in different ways so it needs the knobbles. I suppose it could be worth a shot, but I'm not sure.