Onza Woodstock Info

duggyd

hi guys,

I have just acquired an Onza Woodstock frame which I'm building up by breaking my old Toxsin down, and I know pretty much nothing about it! I know its an ally frame, and that it has a 73mm bb, and takes an internal headset. but other than that I'm a bit stuck for info.

What I'm really after is a list of parts that fit it, mainly the seatpost and clamp.

I'm just not sure which ones to buy as I measured the seat tube and it seems to be about 30mm (internal diameter), but then I've talked to one bloke who said he had a 31mm post in it, and I'm just not sure if that would fit?

My local bike shop is very small, and only open on Saturdays, so it's hard to get to to test it out.

Any other info about the frame like ideal wheelbase, suggested forks, (I have some Echo ones to put on it), chainstay length, bb height would all be great for interests sake.

oops, written a bit much there!

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Duggy

Edited by duggyd

You can measure your own wheelbase and geo mate.........

Rather than just slating him, why don't you offer advice as how to measure the wheelbase you throbber!

As said throbber said, you can measure your own wheelbase. To do this get the bike resting vertically with the bars straight and measure from the centre of the one axle to the other.

To measure chainstay length, measure chainstay length, measure from the centre of the rear axle to the centre of the BB (i think).

The BB height will be the height that the BB sits above the wheel axle line. Measure the distance from the centre of one axle to the floor. Then measure the distance from the centre of the BB to the floor then take one away from the other.

What are you using to measure the seat tube? To make sure its right, you will want to use a vernier caliper to get an accurate measurement. I'm going to hazard a guess that the internal diameter is more than likely going to be 31mm, as opposed to your 30mm. So a 30.9mm should fit perfectly. For the seatclamp your going to need an accurate measurement of the outside diameter of the seat tube.

• Like 2

Rather than just slating him, why don't you offer advice as how to measure the wheelbase you throbber!

As said throbber said, you can measure your own wheelbase. To do this get the bike resting vertically with the bars straight and measure from the centre of the one axle to the other.

To measure chainstay length, measure chainstay length, measure from the centre of the rear axle to the centre of the BB (i think).

The BB height will be the height that the BB sits above the wheel axle line. Measure the distance from the centre of one axle to the floor. Then measure the distance from the centre of the BB to the floor then take one away from the other.

What are you using to measure the seat tube? To make sure its right, you will want to use a vernier caliper to get an accurate measurement. I'm going to hazard a guess that the internal diameter is more than likely going to be 31mm, as opposed to your 30mm. So a 30.9mm should fit perfectly. For the seatclamp your going to need an accurate measurement of the outside diameter of the seat tube.

Hey, thank you for the comprehensive reply!

I'll give the wheelbase/ BB measuring a go when I finish putting the bike together. the method seems pretty straightforward. I think I've tried the wheelbase one before, and found it was hard to measure accurately around the cranks and so on. Then again, the measuring is only for my interest so that's fine. I've not tried the BB so that will be good.

I'm using a metal ruler to measure the seat tube, and as you suggest, it seems rather inaccurate. I did think it might be 31mm, but it just doesn't seem that big whichever way I measure it. Maybe my ruler is a bit shoddy. unfortunately I have neither a vernier caliper, nor access to one, so that's out unless I can find one awfully cheap on the internets. But then I suppose it is likely to so inaccurate as to be useless!

I might have to see if I can get to the bike shop at the weekend and put some seat posts in it/ seat clamps on it, to see what fits.

Thanks again, much appreciated.

Duggy

• 2 months later...

Hey,

not yet, but only because i haven't built the bike up yet! I've had a few financial crises so the build has taken a back seat. I also have my Toxsin to ride so there's less urgency.

I just bought a vernier caliper from eBay yesterday for £2.99 inc postage so I'll see how good that is (can't be that good for £3!). That will allow me to measure the seat tube and therefore buy a seat, seatpost and seatclamp, and then after I've got some new bars and a Truvativ BB tool/ got a shop to fit the BB when they do the headset, I can put it all together!

I'll post in here when it happens. :)

Cheers,

Duggy