My Bike

trialsmax04

Finally got her to the right sort of spec for Wales. SLX cranks, cassette and sram PC971 chain arrives today. Cranks are amazing, although they feel weird and bent, but arnt of course, (this is due to my last set of deore's being madly bent!), and shifting is silky smooth. Love the nex XT shifters!

post-19900-0-54110100-1305217154_thumb.j

Anyone tried the Maxxis Ardent folding tyre? Possibly looking for something lighter and better rolling for Wales, they look ideal, apart from being £30 each!

In reply to the above, what would one consider a decent trail bike weight? The Ragley weighs in at 33lbs or 15kg. The fork and wheelset is the bulk of that, the fork is around 2kg, i have heavy duel ply high rolers on there and the rear rim is a Mavic 729 (mahooosive!). Im thinking some single ply tyres and thats it she is ready for Wales?

I agree there. Trouble is it's an amazing wheel, brought it off grant wildman, 729 rim, hope bulb hub with a 12mm axel, and dt Swiss alpine 3 spokes. It would kill me to take it apart, but my mate has an En321 kicking around. Better option? Any ideas where I could find erd measurements?