Bb Help

G_!

hi,

I broken my bb and i can't quit the left crank...first i used the tool to do it, but the thread of the tool is destroying, too blocked..later i tryed with other tool and a hammer doing it with force but i can't.

What i can do?

thanks

edit: new pic in the 7º post..lol

biela1.jpg

biela2.jpg

Edited by G_!

Spanner under the crank, so it supports it. Clamp this into a vice. Then use an appropriately sized socket / socket extension br that rests on / in the bottom bracket axle.

Heat the outside of the crank with a heat gun and proceed to twat the socket/extension out and thus the bb.

Edit: Or, cut the BB axle so only a small portion is left in the crank, and instead of the spanner, support the crank on a slightly open vice.

Edited by Alex Dark

• 2 weeks later...

thanks for the help but it's totally impossible :(, i have to buy a new bb and new cranks..i don't know with what money xd, also knowing how lucky i am, is very probable that the freewheel is blocked in the right crank >_<

Edited by G_!

Like has been said, why keep trying, the threads on the crank are knacked so it's as good as useless anyway.

i keep trying because i don't have money to buy new cranks..and i thought still i can use that left crank..but it's impossible so i'll stop to try..