Cheap Single Speeds?

Davetrials

I need a get me to work keep me fit single speed full bike thats cheap, All i can find is the create bikes, which look ok, but i want to know what else is out there as i get the impression their made out of fudge.

thanks chappys.

EDIT: also no road style low bars, they snap my back in half

Edited by Davetrials

I need a get me to work keep me fit single speed full bike thats cheap, All i can find is the create bikes, which look ok, but i want to know what else is out there as i get the impression their made out of fudge.

thanks chappys.

EDIT: also no road style low bars, they snap my back in half

I've got a Create and its been fine. It does look cheap, especially the frame, but i've been using it for offroading in the woods including jumping and its still ok. to be honest, I don't think they deserve the bad rep they've got. The people I've heard saying they're shit are the London courier types, which in their case they probably are shit because they're doing miles and miles everyday. Maybe I've just been lucky though :mellow:

Edited by eddbmxdude

Mines the 2010 version of their single speed track bike http://www.winstanleysbikes.co.uk/product/31187/Create_SingleSpeed_Track_Bike_2010

post-10916-0-13135800-1308906313_thumb.j

I've changed the tyres to 38mm wide and its a lot nicer to ride on the road and off road now. Was fast as f**k with the original 23mm ones though!

Agree with above though, If I could go back in time, I'd get the Maurice or a Charge.

Edited by eddbmxdude

I wouldn't get a charge - they look shit (in terms of quality and componentry), and are expensive for what they are.

Every charge SS i've picked up has weighed a tonne, whereas the Murice is a pretty reasonable weight.

Edited by Matthew62

Chris Akrigg won the Red Mull Mini Velodrome on one.

They have a normal and an FS version. FS is for freestyle and has a straight blade fork and tweaked geo that allows for bar spins. There's two colour schemes for each model.

Considering there price i think they're probably the best SS out there at that pricepoint. Considering they're under £400 they are not total shit like every other bike at that price.

Oh yeah and most importantly there's google. Get yo' lazy ass on that and have a look.

yer ive had a look around all day, ideally id like to build one one scratch, but I'm impatient haha but as you said the maurice looks the best buy so far, unless summet awesome pops up on ebay

EDIT: now ive got a stiffy for the NS analog

Edited by Davetrials