Diamondback Groove

T-birder

hi all bought a diamondback groove yesturday as my alround freeride mtb. i know it is slightly aimed at dirtjumpers (which i do not do i ride trials on my onza and freeride on this) but it seemed like a good hardcore mtb this is because it has 24 gears and strong yet light frame. I bought it for £240 reduced from over £400 and thought it was a good deal. took it around the woods yesturday and it was mint.

what do you think, good buy for what id use it for.

spec list

brakes Quad QMD-5 mechanical disc brakes with 160mm rotors

fork RST Gila Pro 120mm

Frame 24" - 29" Inside Leg

Gears 24

Gearset Suntour alloy 42/34/24

rims Diamondback dirt jump

Edited by T-birder

That's a good price. IMO they're surprisingly good for a budget bike. I'm still running an old ~07 Diamondback Assault jump bike as my everyday bike. It's been through the wars and it's never gone wrong. The only major thing I've changed is the brakes. It's definitely worth upgrading to hydraulics if you find a good deal. I've been more than happy with the Assualt, they may be budget bikes but they give the more expensive rigs a run for their money. They are so much fun on DH tracks too. (Y)