Anyone Good With Networking?

dann2707

Hey.

Anyone good with networking?

I’m currently in a situation where I’m needing to upgrade the phoneline box thingy at work. At the moment they have a Panasonic KX-TDA15 which looks like this:

kx-tda15.jpg

It has two cards 3 cards installed into it already, a KX-TDA3280/3283 which only has 2 input ports, we are needing another one, or two.

Which looks like this:

3280.JPG

Along with a KX-TDA3172, which has 8 output ports

kx-tda3172.jpg

It has another card which is a DHLC4 1-4 below the KX-TDA 3283 which looks like this but with only 4 ports not 5:

plata_4-gibridnix_vnutrennix_linii_panasonic_kx-ncp1170xj__dhlc4.jpeg

Now what we are wanting to know is, if we were wanting to upgrade in in-lines to 3 ports not 2 is it a simple case of buying another KX-TDA3280 and another KX-TDA3172? It appears they just slot into each other like a male and female connection.

So rather than having 4 outports we would have 6 or 8?

Never done anything like this before in my life so if anyone could make more sense of it to me it would be great. Thanks

What exactly are you trying to do with it, there must be some new PBX which you may find that you can make better use of...

How many lines do you have incoming?

Are you looking to increase the amount of phones you have or the amount of lines that are available.

Also are you looking for IP based functionality?

I personally would look at the BT versatility telephone system (http://business.bt.com/phone-services/office-phones-and-systems/versatility/?s_intcid=btb_intlink_biz_home_Var0_P4_Versatility)

With this system it is easy to add functionality as you need it, you could also put your internet over this and make use of Voice Over IP, meaning you can take a configured handset from your office and use it anywhere there is a broadband connection...