Giant Trance X5 2010

thorn2403

hi all, needs some advice...

I friend of my dad's is selling a Giant Trance X5 2010 for £500. It's got Avid Juicy 5 brakes instead of the standard x3 and is in good condition as far as I can tell so was wondering if this would be a good buy? I'm after a bike mainly for trail riding so I can make the most of the Yorkshire countryside while I'm at Leeds

Trance%20X5-399-75.jpg

Thanks for the help :)

Ben

Not a bad buy, the Maestro link is nice and responsive too.

Personally, I'd look at a Stumpjumper or an FSRXC/Epic. I am a Specialized fanboy though!

well if you see one for this price let me know :P

has anyone had one? or know what they're like to ride?

I've not personally OWNED one but I rode one for an afternoon on the Quantocks at a Giant demo day and I can say that the platform far outshines the basic spec. It was a nice ride, with very little pedal bob.

As a testiment to how responsive Maestro is, they don't put a lockout on the Trance until the X2 which was a £2200 bike new.

Buy it if you want it, they aren't a bad bike at all and if you can knock him down £50 you won't have a bad bike at all. I'm just a snob.

They're nice frames those, and apparently that bike comes with RS Recons which are OK too. The whole bike was only £995 RRP so the rest of the spec will have to be compromised, but for £500 you can't really afford to be picky. It'll be a good platform for upgrading, anyway.