Best 5/10 Shoes For Natty?

Tom3bar

I have used the 5/10 free riders for like a year, and now wearing ribo lites for about a month..

both halve so far equal levels of grip from what i can remember. "s1 Stealth" soles are pretty damn grippy for platform pedals, but caged would be less so i guess! have

Ribos, same grip as 5-10? you're having a laugh!

I HATE Ribos, they never fit, look weird and don't have much grip.

I do like 5-10s however, I ran the Freerunners back when I rode comps and they impressed me, I also used the Freeriders and they were pretty sweet too.

The 5-10s are extremely popular with the natural (and street) riders in my local area. The 2 best models are the Freerunner (which I like myself) and the Chase. Both are excellent, with grippy soles and decent pedal feel (unlike the DH models). If you are used to pixie boots you might initially miss the ankle protection but people seem to make their peace with that pretty quick. Heaps grippier then the Ribos.

We all ride them and are happy to pay retail for them so I think if you are getting them free you will be super pleased.