Back Lgm Front Belaey?

cunny12345

Beleays are great. Get them on a nice, SHARP, medium grind and your onto a winner.

I ran them on my old 06 Python with no booster ( flexxyyyy frame ) and they were still incredible.

They are less grind dependent than LGM's and seem to offer just as much hold.

Work well in the wet to, and the pads don't round off as easily with the chamfered edges.

All round brilliant pad :D

This is true.

The be greens are smack in the middle of the lgms and Belaey's

Cool, looking forward to getting them on. Sound any good?

I was hoping they would be less grind dependant as I'm not a fan of grinding every ten seconds.

They sound really nice.

I'l whack up a quick clip on here of them tonight once Ive got them set up.

When set up right they have a "pop" to them, knowing theyre set up bang on.

They will go quieter as your grind dulls and wears down, but the change of performance isn't too bad.

As with any pad, the duller the grind the worse the wet weather performance, but dry weather performance is still more than good enough.

Edit: Got them on. Didn't have time to grind the rim with it being late, so I'll post the video up tomorrow when all's set right thumbsupanim.gif

Edited by Echo Lite 09

Beleays are great. Get them on a nice, SHARP, medium grind and your onto a winner.

I ran them on my old 06 Python with no booster ( flexxyyyy frame ) and they were still incredible.

They are less grind dependent than LGM's and seem to offer just as much hold.

Work well in the wet to, and the pads don't round off as easily with the chamfered edges.

All round brilliant pad :D

Well said!

Me and all the local boys agree with the Belaeys been the gun pad. Although head down south and the big names like Brewer and Dickey (who compete at worlds) love LGM. So I guess in the end it's whatever works for you.

Thought I'd let you know how the Beleays are working.

They dont.

I cannot understand it. My last pair were amazing.

These have no bite, no hold, and no sound.

They're set up BANG on, bleeds good and the grinds also fresh.

This is after 5 hours of riding too.

Not happy.

Edited by Echo Lite 09

They dont.

Not happy.

ohh gaad i have just ordered front and back belaey as they had no lgm on tarty :/ really hoping mine arnt shit! :/

They dont.

Not happy.

Take your pads off and take about .5mm off (grind them down, don't cut them) to help break them in, hopefully it will be better then

Edited by J Trials 31

Did this yesterday.

Another 2 hours and nothing.

Oh no. I hate it when I hear stories like this. We had an incident like this where a tiny bit of oil got on the grind and the pads. We tried everything we could think of and even on a fresh grind no noise no performance. We finally bit the bullet and replaced the refill and BOOM brake was back to normal honk,honk and locking again.

Post your these refills back to me so I can have a look at them. When I get them I'll send you out a replacement set.

Edited by Le @ Tnn Engineering

Oh no. I hate it when I hear stories like this. We had an incident like this where a tiny bit of oil got on the grind and the pads. We tried everything we could think of and even on a fresh grind no noise no performance. We finally bit the bullet and replaced the refill and BOOM brake was back to normal honk,honk and locking again.

Post your these refills back to me so I can have a look at them. When I get them I'll send you out a replacement set.

Thanks allot!

If they are viable for replacement, could I have some LGM refills sent out instead?

• Like 1

I hope mine isn't going to be crap. I've bought some that are partly used but came with brand new refills aswell. Le, what can I do if they aren't performing? Is this a common occurance?

It's not common at all.

Hence why I was so surprised at the lack of performance from my Beleays. They honestly are brilliant, just seems I was unlucky.

Make sure you use a NEW metal cutting disc to give a nice sharp grind, and set them up square and I'm sure they will be great thumbsupanim.gif

Thanks allot!

If they are viable for replacement, could I have some LGM refills sent out instead?

Sure no problem

I hope mine isn't going to be crap. I've bought some that are partly used but came with brand new refills aswell. Le, what can I do if they aren't performing? Is this a common occurance?

To have your brake performing perfectly and then just stop can't be because of the pads. Something must have happened to stop the pad gripping on the rim. Generally speaking I would think a small amount of contamination. Which could be anything most of the time the rider doesn't even realise.

Popped mine on (the half used material) and they seem ok, not a million miles away from the LGMs but haven't tested them properly yet.... They do the job.

Only thing is there is no noise at all, would this be to do with my grind? Didn't freshen up the grind as its not that old or slipping yet.

Popped mine on (the half used material) and they seem ok, not a million miles away from the LGMs but haven't tested them properly yet.... They do the job.

Only thing is there is no noise at all, would this be to do with my grind? Didn't freshen up the grind as its not that old or slipping yet.

Just run them thumbsupanim.gif With my first set of beleays I whacked them on an older grind and after 45mins they were making a nice sound.

Just run them thumbsupanim.gif With my first set of beleays I whacked them on an older grind and after 45mins they were making a nice sound.

Nice one, will do....I thought I would use the half used ones as there was a bit of material left in the CNC backings and they will be already worn in. Saying that, my LGM's or Heatsink yellows never made a honk like I see in other riders vids. Could this be down to the grind or the rim? I suppose it doesn't really matter when it comes down to it.

Nice one, will do....I thought I would use the half used ones as there was a bit of material left in the CNC backings and they will be already worn in. Saying that, my LGM's or Heatsink yellows never made a honk like I see in other riders vids. Could this be down to the grind or the rim? I suppose it doesn't really matter when it comes down to it.

Could be.

Whats your setup?

Could be.

Whats your setup?

08 Maggy, Magura 4 finger blade, water bled, Monty Splitter, Trialtech 4 bolt Booster, TNN Mounts modified to do away with cylinder washers, CNC Belaeys, Atomz Rim (single walled), medium grind that is about 8 hours riding old.....but I hear these rims don't hold grinds well.

I used to run a 2 bolt tensile booster with the TNN clamps and a 2 bolt echo booster with tensile offset clamps (with washers) and I've never had noise.

Common factor is the rim

08 Maggy, Magura 4 finger blade, water bled, Monty Splitter, Trialtech 4 bolt Booster, TNN Mounts modified to do away with cylinder washers, CNC Belaeys, Atomz Rim (single walled), medium grind that is about 8 hours riding old.....but I hear these rims don't hold grinds well.

I used to run a 2 bolt tensile booster with the TNN clamps and a 2 bolt echo booster with tensile offset clamps (with washers) and I've never had noise.

Common factor is the rim

Rim.

Get your self either a TR or SL echo rim and go back to the 2 bolt booster.

Noise and an awesome brake

Common factor is the rim

Certain frames make more brake noise than others too. Main thing is if you brake is performing don't stress too much about how loud they are.

bit off topic, i`ve got an onza pro rim, no grind, and rockman greens, with a 4 bolt trialtech carbon booster and it holds and bites like a motherf***er. sam will vouch for this, you gotta get the setup PERFECT or you`ll get bugger all. just my view on it.

Edited by danchandler