Protein Shakes

Gaz96

Anyone taken BCAA tablets? (Branch chain amino acids)

A mate has been taking them and reported good effects in growth and recovery. How ever he said you can't stop taken them sort of once you've started, and the dosage is 6 tabs at once for the brand he takes.

What would happen if you stopped a course of them?

You'd stop getting as much protein and the effects would stop. That's all. Amino acids are the building blocks of protein (if you didn't know), and BCAA's from what I've read are just particular ones that work well for muscle recovery etc. Like a protein shake but more specific.

For anyone interested I got some of that nutri sport 90. I've yet to try it but it was cheap and a lot of it from a local shop. So I'll just deal with how gash it is if I have to.

Would both be like worth it though or just stick to one or the other? At the moment I have my protein Total protein, the carbs are pretty low in it and I'm pretty skinny so could do with more carbs so might try their hurricane xs when this is finished and combine it with BCAAs to increase mass

• 2 weeks later...

Havent been on here in ages. Im stuck between two products. Ive been at the gym for about 6 months and i havent seen a huge increase in muscle size. Im sticking at the same weight so im looking into getting a weight gainer and some creatine. I got advised by a trainer at the gym to try this,Hyper Gain, at that price and only getting 14 servings i decided to dig a little deeper and i came accross this, Critical Mass. Pros and cons would be good? Havent got a huge knowledge on this sort of stuff so if you could, keep it simple, much appreciated. Im at the gym 5x a week now and im currently taking nothing.

Thanks.