Onza Zoot

Jimbob 2705

theyre good,

upgrade chain!!! the standard one is like a rubber band. and it WILL snap.

i ran avid sd7's with inspired pads on the rear and a bb5 on the front (onza sealed hub)

little things like trialtech foam grips, trialtech stem and better pedals.

also a fatter tyre on the front, sealed headset

oh and a v booster.

thats what i had and it was pretty damn good.

theyre good,

upgrade chain!!! the standard one is like a rubber band. and it WILL snap.

i ran avid sd7's with inspired pads on the rear and a bb5 on the front (onza sealed hub)

little things like trialtech foam grips, trialtech stem and better pedals.

also a fatter tyre on the front, sealed headset

oh and a v booster.

thats what i had and it was pretty damn good.

Thanks for that!

How did you find it for 'Trialsy' moves?

I'll have a look at those parts mentioned above tomorrow.

Thanks and ATB

James

Also, when you say you had a 'Onza Sealed Hub' on the front, was this to allow you to fit a disk front brake?

Also, how easy was it to change the hub?

Sorry for all the questions!

Thanks and ATB

James

On mine I've changed:

Brakes: New levers (Deore front & SD7 rear), Inspired pads on rear, Carbon booster on rear (There is a lot of flex otherwise)

Pedals: Echo TR's (Original ones seemed to prefer gripping to my shin bone rather than the soles of my shoes)

Chain: Trialtech K710 Kool (As said before, the original chain looked snap happy)

Grips: Unbranded lock on's (Original's wore through after a few months)

Bashring: Czar (Managed to squish/ snap part of the original one... Im a bit of a basher)

Forks: Palshey (Original's are relatively heavy)

Freewheel: Echo SL

Although that makes it look as if I've changed loads, its mainly been due to them coming up cheap on here rather than there being anything particularly wrong with them :P

I've used it mainly for 'trialsy' type riding with the odd bit of street and seems to cope with both perfectly for my level of use, has been loaaaads more fun than my old Mod and iv'e improved a lot more in a short period of time in comparison, so well worth it in my opinion :D

yeah i swapped to an onza sealed disc front hub, the original is open bearings. http://www.tartybikes.co.uk/front_disc_hubs/onza_sealed_disc_front/c20p10317.html

its easy to change the hub if you know how to lace wheels and true etc. but you can learn that easily.

i was still learning when i had my zoot but i thought it was awesome. i learnt how to pedal kick within the first month of riding, and it was good for learning footjams and 180's etc. id recommend it for a first bike,

but i snapped my frame after 3 months. however it was about a year old.

On mine I've changed:

Brakes: New levers (Deore front & SD7 rear), Inspired pads on rear, Carbon booster on rear (There is a lot of flex otherwise)

Pedals: Echo TR's (Original ones seemed to prefer gripping to my shin bone rather than the soles of my shoes)

Chain: Trialtech K710 Kool (As said before, the original chain looked snap happy)

Grips: Unbranded lock on's (Original's wore through after a few months)

Bashring: Czar (Managed to squish/ snap part of the original one... Im a bit of a basher)

Forks: Palshey (Original's are relatively heavy)

Freewheel: Echo SL

Although that makes it look as if I've changed loads, its mainly been due to them coming up cheap on here rather than there being anything particularly wrong with them :P

I've used it mainly for 'trialsy' type riding with the odd bit of street and seems to cope with both perfectly for my level of use, has been loaaaads more fun than my old Mod and iv'e improved a lot more in a short period of time in comparison, so well worth it in my opinion :D

Thank a lot Man!! That's a bid help!

That makes me more tempted to get one, especially as it is fine for 'Trialsy' moves!

Thanks again!

yeah i swapped to an onza sealed disc front hub, the original is open bearings. http://www.tartybikes.co.uk/front_disc_hubs/onza_sealed_disc_front/c20p10317.html

its easy to change the hub if you know how to lace wheels and true etc. but you can learn that easily.

i was still learning when i had my zoot but i thought it was awesome. i learnt how to pedal kick within the first month of riding, and it was good for learning footjams and 180's etc. id recommend it for a first bike,

but i snapped my frame after 3 months. however it was about a year old.

Thanks again for the reply!

I don't know how to lace wheels, but I am sure I could learn - or get a bike shop to do it for me.

Do the forks accept Disc Brakes, or will I have to get new forks?

Thanks and ATB

Yep, they have a disc mount (Y)

Thanks for that! That's good news! (Y)

What would you say a decent price is for a very good/good condition Onza Zoot is? (Around 2010)

Thanks and ATB

Also, if anyone has anymore opinions/upgrades on the Zoot, Please let me know!

Also, what booster would you recommend?

Thanks