Bedding In An Echo Sl Freewheel

planet x alan

As the title says. How long are you supposed to stay off trials moves when bedding in an SL freewheel? I know there are a few that you need to do this with so the grease thins inside. Couldn't find anything like this with the SL so thought I'd double check as I don't wanna end up with something that skips all over the place a few months down the line.

Cheers.

I'm not sure if it's orthadox but I just went out and rode it as normal from the moment I stuck it on. And it has been a year later and not a single skip has occured. Fantastic freewheel! I don't even see why people buy trialtech/monty/rockman freewheels.

• Like 1

Cheers guys Just thought best to check just incase.

I've had mine about 2 months and rode it from the start. No problems. I got some sand on it a few weeks ago though. Is there any tips on keeping it running smooth??

As for servicing remove the freewheel from your crank arm and remove the lock ring to take it apart, clean each individual part with a good degreaser and re assemble. There's probably a guide to doing this somewhere on the forum/internet if you get stuck.