Fixies

onza pro series guy

just thought it would be handy to have all the fixie shiz in one place so here it is; post away. :D

I myself ride a 2010 Mongoose Maurice (the blue one), it's not great I know but it's my first fixie and it seems good enough for Mr Akrigg ;) . I was looking for advice on how to do a kinda back-wheel spinny thing (pretty much all they do in this video):

so yeah I'm kinda interested to see how many other people ride fixed and trials as well, so should be interesting to see the results of this thread (if it doesn't die a tragic death!)

ps. constructive stuff please because I'm pretty sure most people have already seen Grand Spectacular's 'Being a Dickhead's Cool' video and I, for one, am not a hipster.

So post away

thanks

Dave

This is my road/cross bike. On One Pompetamine with Kona P2 forks. Also now has Thomson stem and Hope floating rotor. Running a Hope trials hub with a Velosolo bolt on fixed cog at the moment but I'm planning on running it single speed with a rear disc soon. Might also get some flat bars and cross tyres for some light off road this summer. Prob get some middleburn cranks when I sell my geared road bike.

bike-0055.jpg

i've got a langster, i can ride it backwards and on a good day wheelie it a fair stint, but don't dick about learning tricks on it, get some decent legs on you and make a go of getting about on it, i cranked 1000 miles out of mine last summer holiday :D