Where To Start

Sooo ive been looking around todayy, i have an idea on bikes, not one to get but an idea about what to look for thanks to excellent topics here :) but being me when i get the bike, i also want an idea of where to start, its all good having a bike and all, but if i cant 'bunny hop' or anything like that, i struggle to know where to begin, when im off im fine quick learner its just getting off the starting line if that makes sense, anyone got any vids or discussions to help?or is it simply a 'practise makes perfect' idea

There is a bunch of stuff it's worth practicing first.

The number one is trackstanding, and balance. If you skimp on that you'll end up a dodgy rider.

If you can't bunnyhop at all, learn that next, or at the same time, up to you. Being able to hop on the spot is handy, so are rolling bunnyhops up things.

Backhops is another one, and with that, rear wheel balance.

http://www.trashzen.com/ - this website has guides including a few videos. The guy who runs it wrote a book too, you could buy that from tartybikes.

1st thing bike.

2nd. ambition

3. lot of practicing

this is the base of all. you should start with trackstand and rocking/pivot and endo, after that backwheel hop. it will give you a basic feeling for the bike and your balance will improve. try to follow a line, thats a good technik for balance!

Edited by UKHippY

• 2 weeks later...