What Front Brake To Use ?

if your just begging it wont make a massive amount of difference learn with what you have got, they both have their ups and downs. as a beginner i wouldnt worry to much though. A lot of it comes down to how well they are set up and maintained.

It's a personal preference. Some like the 'bite' that maguras hs33 have, to get this short: maguras work like on and off and almost nothing between if that makes sence. Disc have more modulation so you can 'glide' more on the frontwheel, a example: stoppies. It's what you prefer, I run disc up front and it's is in my opinion better.

front disc is always useful, there's a weight penalty and the brake is a little bit more vulnerable to damage, but you get excellent pad life out of a disc, you won't have to honk to a stop every time you ride somewhere else...

maguras are lighter with the right pads you can get proportion and lock-out, i'd imagine it's harder to smash up a front magura but i havent owned a bike without a front disc since 2006. if you can afford a disc, it's worth having one, if you're on a budget, consider the "circus monkey" hubs on ebay, they're re-branded rockman hubs at a much lower cost... and BB7s are incredible value and give the hydraulic discs a serious run for their money...