Alternative Uses For Broken Parts

rocky111

okay so my granddad is somewhat well known for his odd repairs he uses old bike parts to fix things. bicycle inner tube is an all time favourite, he cuts them up to make rubber bands, also most of our door latches have spokes in them for springs. He uses a bit of frame to take off his wellys.

so I decided that for a laugh and too carry on the family tradition I would use one of my old nakerd crank for a door handle, as the knocker is made out of some kind of old car engine part lol I though it would fit in with the decore nicely.

post-22799-0-39527600-1347367929_thumb.j

I'm quite pleased with the results as it seemed a shame that such a fine piece of engineering, as my Onza rip crank should go to wast ;), Most people just think it's a normal door handle. I was wondering if anyone else has found a non bicycle application for old parts, as I know spokes can be used for chain tensioners. didn't some guy on here mount all his broken parts on his wall?

Edited by rocky111
  • Like 4

I've joined old inner tubes together to make flexible pipes for carrying water. Pretty high flow rate through them as well.

yeah my dad plumbed in our old sink with a bit of inner tube, was great if it got blocked you could just put your hand under the sink and squeeze the inner tube a few times and it cleared, was like a built in plunger XD.

• Like 1