Another Echo Trial......

Doddsy2801

• 2 months later...

Anybody experience any " wobble " motion in echo 108 freewheels???

Before anyone says, there is no physical play in the freewheel body, the cranks are on tight and the BB is fine as well.

When i say " wobble " if the bike is static and i pedal the cranks backwards looking down on the freewheel from directly above there seems to be a wave movemet, think a buckled rim sort of effect.

There dosent seem to be any effect in the performance either, so i kinda ruled out bearings/pawls......

Any help would be great cos both me and my mate i ride with cant make head nor tail of it.

cheers

chris

think it's down to the way cranks are machined, the splines will be cut (i'm guessing in the same way gear teeth are cut into cogs for use in a gearbox) in a different process and probably a different jig as when the threads are cut for the freewheel to screw onto. resulting in the freewheel threaded section being non-centric to the splines and hence the 'wobble' you're getting, mine is the same btw :) .

• Like 1