Tyres

CalRobbo341

Everyone is bound to have there own favrioute move, well mine being a pivot on the front wheel to 180 then roll out or carry on with a line, but the problem is, I think this is damaging my tyre, there is a wire running where I have marked green on the picture, I know this because I pierced it through a previous tyre, again see picture, I am 100% sure this is all from that move. Just spent about half hour of it constantly happening to me, pretty much, the tube pops out of the tyre/rim, definately not the psi, have it quite high, purely because of this.

I don't want to buy a new rear tyre just to know that it will buckle in a relatively short period of time?

Will having a 19" but slim tube help this? currenlty running 19" x 2.25, and a new tyre ofc?

Cheers! :)

post-30770-0-76672800-1350748809_thumb.j

post-30770-0-42223500-1350748827_thumb.j

it's because you've broken the wire somewhere..

I had the same thing when I bought a tyre from tarty (I think) and as they are packaged rolled up in a ball one of the wires had a small break in it. So whenever I landed on it, it blew off the rim at the point of the broken wire.

Nothing you can do really except from try to be more gentle on your tyre

Gentle isn't an option for me i'm afraid, hahaha :P

Just having a look around on Tartys, seen that the Echo tyre is a bit tougher? Lasts longer and is lighter, why don't people use these?

When buying new tube and tyre set I may just buy that massive Kenda DH tube? Looks like it may withstand anything along with a Maxxis?

Just having a look around on Tartys, seen that the Echo tyre is a bit tougher? Lasts longer and is lighter, why don't people use these?

they'e a bit shitty for grip and bounce, but they're alright in reality. Probably better for what you're after, but for pogoing something softer is nicer.

When buying new tube and tyre set I may just buy that massive Kenda DH tube? Looks like it may withstand anything along with a Maxxis?

Becuase there compound is like that of a car tyre, no grip when it comes to rock atall, alright as a street tyre i spose, i was alittle discusted to see thet the new echo mods are supplied with them on! spend a grand then change the tyres and brake, just what you want

Just took everything off, greased bolts ect, put pressure all around the wire in a hope to straighten it out a little.

they'e a bit shitty for grip and bounce, but they're alright in reality. Probably better for what you're after, but for pogoing something softer is nicer.

Ahhh, well I want grip and bounce there a no go.

Becuase there compound is like that of a car tyre, no grip when it comes to rock atall, alright as a street tyre i spose, i was alittle discusted to see thet the new echo mods are supplied with them on! spend a grand then change the tyres and brake, just what you want

Is a bit silly but there not going to put something made by Try-All on an all Echo bike now are they?

When I get a few bits next week going to go for a Maxxis, and that beefy dh tube, hopefully sort any problems!

edit - Just went out, do a skid, jam foot in between seat stays, and pooof, slipped out, may just wait till I get some stuff.

Edited by CalRobbo341