My New Rides ! Need Help For Perfect Setup

crazzybiker

Hey Guys,

Well after 2 years of giving trials a break I decided to do it full time due to the amazing group of riders I got in my home town.

I managed to pick these two bad boys up. The first a Because simple 24" and the second a Rockman Aurem !! Still getting used to

each of the bikes but I love them !! They still need my own personal tweeks but that will happen over the winter months.

post-33642-0-46435100-1352269258_thumb.j

The Rockman Aurem (For those of you that are wondering what is hiding under that black tape. The frame had cracked on the previous owner

and he got it re-welded, for now its super solid. I will be replacing the frame during winter. I have narrowed it down to either the Neon Bow, Rockman Manus 2,

or another Rockman Aurem. If any of you guys have any advice on which frame I should get as a replacement it would be greatly appreciated)

post-33642-0-92838200-1352269559_thumb.j

The Because Simple.

I got a couple of questions for you riders out there !! I have been looking at everyone else's bike and notice barely anyone having stem spacers. My question to you guys is am I over killing

my bikes with stem spacers ?? Should I be running any ?? Please keep in mind I am 6 foot 2.

Is there anything you guys would change to my bikes ?? I have had half a season of trials experience in the past. I would love to properly dial my bikes in for a noob rider like myself.

Hope you can help,

-Crazzybiker

that's cos people are daft and insist on cutting steerer tubes right down, so there is no room for adjustability. and ruins the secondhand fork market. I run 30 mm of stackers under my stem on my mod, and I'm nearly 6ft. nice high front end

By an chance are you getting new rims on the rockman? if so i would be interested in the ones that are on it

Nope !! Wheels are perfect !

that's cos people are daft and insist on cutting steerer tubes right down, so there is no room for adjustability. and ruins the secondhand fork market. I run 30 mm of stackers under my stem on my mod, and I'm nearly 6ft. nice high front end

Is having high front end better then having it low ?

Right...

On the 24"

i'd be running an onza master stem with TrialTech high rise bars.

There will be no need for stackers.

roll the bars forward so they line up with the stem angle you'll be laughing.

Also on the rear of the get a DMR motodigger tyre in 2.35

They have soft sidewalls which allows the bike to feel more bouncy

On the mod

Run the same bars and stem as above with the same set up.

.Hope this helps.

Edited by BradJohnson

Right...

On the 24"

i'd be running an onza master stem with TrialTech high rise bars.

There will be no need for stackers.

roll the bars forward so they line up with the stem angle you'll be laughing.

Also on the rear of the get a DMR motodigger tyre in 2.35

They have soft sidewalls which allows the bike to feel more bouncy

On the mod

Run the same bars and stem as above with the same set up.

.Hope this helps.

Thanks for the advice !! What length and degree of stem do you recommend ? I do have an extra set of motodigger tires !