freewheel issues

onzatpro09

Recently bought an onza genesis (stock) and the freewheel has died. Out casually riding (nothing too extreme) and you could almost hear it go bhleh and die. What's happened is the outer sprockety bit has come completely loose from the inner bit. Just posting to ask if it's anything fixable or if I should just buy a new freewheel, 108 click or something instead of 60 but I'm 14 and rather skint though. Has this happened to any of you? The bikes almost brand new and im sure this isn't a part of the bedding-in process.

It'll be the lockring that worked loose. If you take the crank arm off the bike and look into the freewheel, you should see your pawls and springs have worked loose IF your lucky.
They may have fallen out. Its a tensile 60 that comes on the genesis full build and the spares are available to buy separately, so you can rebuild the freewheel relatively cheaply compared to buying a full new unit.

It'll be the lockring that worked loose. If you take the crank arm off the bike and look into the freewheel, you should see your pawls and springs have worked loose IF your lucky.

They may have fallen out. Its a tensile 60 that comes on the genesis full build and the spares are available to buy separately, so you can rebuild the freewheel relatively cheaply compared to buying a full new unit.

This

Hopefully the internals won't have fallen out as those things are packed with greace.

Hopefully he haven't flushed his freewheel out. I remembered my freewheel internals on my 60 click flying eveeeeerywhere.

Edited by williams

My 60 click has been awsome.

But you get bad ones in all the freewheels avalable.

Pick two options really

Fix that freewheel, DIY or send it off to tartys of a bikr shop.

Or splash out many a pound on a new one

My 60 click has been awsome.

But you get bad ones in all the freewheels avalable.

Pick two options really

Fix that freewheel, DIY or send it off to tartys of a bike shop.

Or splash out many a pound on a new one