Axle spacers?

UK_SPAWN

Hi guys. Been having problems with chain rub and was reccomended to check the spacers on the axle. At the moment the wider spacer is fit on the disk side and a smaller one on drive side. Is that the correct way? If i swap them will my disk still be alighned?

Thanks all

MIght be worth posting pictures of the issue.

Could be the axel spacers as you mentioed.. but also the BB could be to long or the spacers there aswell.

Clutching at straws with writing stuff on here, get pictures up!

P.S. Sad to hear your having issue with the bike you bought of Connor. Reason i walked away from the buy was his inconsistant answers and the sketchy-ness of the bikes condition after all the chopping & changing.

Hope the forum can help you resolve the issues you have dude.

Yeah i was going to go and look at it first but was like 400mile round trip... Its not a bad bike just not been well looked after parts wise. He said there is no bike shop near him so i guess he just improvised/botched what he could.

Iv got pics will upload in a moment.

Cheers bud

Post a pic of the bike from behind, at just above axle level, looking straight down the chainline. Then post one of the bb area form the drive side. Hopefully someone will be able to shed some light on it. It'll be summat simple

Chain is miles too big for a start, looks like a gusset tank. the chainline looks ok from what I can make out, and the spacers are fine. Get a kmc610 chain, and that freewheel looks like an acs claw. Change it for something better.

Freewheel is a shimano cuz thats all i could get for free lol its a 30 click bmx one. I thought the chain was too wide too and the link you take it off.with sticks.out even further and i guess thats whats rubbing.

What about freewheel offsets? Is that where the teeth are positioned? If So what offset.do i need.to make.the chain run closer to the BB?

Get a proper trials freewheel, they are a lot narrower and will allow you to use a spacer between it and the bashring. You should be able to get a better position on the cranks. Get a tensile or an echo sl freewheel

Ah so i can run ring + spacer.. I didnt know that.

Ill keep posting my progress. But im guna ride now sick of tinkering :P

Im going to have a good trawl through tarty and check all the freewheels n spacing/offsets/compatability etc. But ill just havto go steady for now. Im only just starting up again after a.long time so wont be doing anything drastic.

You might not need one. It depends on your chainline. The best thing to do is to put the freewheel on your crank when you get it, and put it on finger tight, then put your crank on and do the crank bolt right up. Then have a look at your chain line to see where it is. The beauty of having it finger tight is so you can easily take it off to adjust it. Then once you have the right chainline, ride it to tighten it up. Go to your local bike shop and get some metal bb spacers of varying thickness. Or get some off crc

Im gunna have another go at removing the tryall freewheel soon. The schimano one allready is sounding bad and had a little clunk last night... Atleast it gave me my first (very hesetant) ride on the bike. Must say other than this, the bike is super smooth. The guy says he will refund me 40 for the problems as he claims he was unaware of them. This means i paid 460 posted, which i am more happy with having to spend time on.

The HOPE trialtech n mono trial hold my maximum force and never sliped through in the wet. Bike feels nice on back wheel and seems easier to rotate the entire bike.. than my 221ti anyway. Very hapy guy now having had a ride..

Just wonna thank you all for help.

Cheers all,

Mark

I have that try all one but cant get it off.. Need a vice + long bar or a very good large spanner not the adjustable i have and a 10lb lump hammer lol. i need ideas that cost nothing as im skint.

Theres a garage up the street but am a but wary or just randomly askin a car garage "hay can u help.me.with this/can i use.ur vice please?"

Mite stop.bein a fanny n just ask em all thy can say is no!

Why not? I do it all the time, kwik fit always let me use theirs, it only takes ten seconds with a big bar. Put the tool in the vice with it all bolted together, and put a piece of tube on the end of the arm. Apply lots of brute force and swearing, and it should come off

Edited by bing