Rear Wheel Adjustment Problems

Culshaw95

Hi i have an Ashton/Diamondback Justice and i cant seem to get the wheel to stay in the dropouts properly. I have a heatsink axle chain tensioner but when ever i try to adjust that it moves the wheel out of place and the tyre starts to rub on the left side which is a massive annoyance whilst riding and its annoying to set up my rear brake because of it. Does anyone have any suggestions on what to do?

What back hub do you have and is it QR ?

trialtech rear hub and i havent got a QR. I was thinking of getting one of these: http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=10137 assuming every time i move the heatsink tensioner it moves the wheel slightly out of place. I think its something with the spring system with the heatsink tensioner as it rubs the top of the chain and i have to keep pushing it down so it may move the wheel a bit :/

Edited by Culshaw95

Sit on the top tube facing backwards while you're adjusting the tensioner and doing up the rear wheel.

Thats what i've been doing but it always seems to make its way to the left after either going to a location and just riding over a curb or just hopping up something i thought i had sorted it last night but one to front and switch moved it

All looks pretty normal. Does the drive side of the hub slip 'down' out of the dropouts?

back when i got the bike 2 years ago i hade the problem of it coming out the drop outs fully was one of the tartys builds but i got something made to eliminate that as you can see in the picture of the old tensioner set up. i taken them of as one of them bent which meant it didnt sit into the drop out properly and i removed them but i was fairly worried about doing so because of the past experiences. It seems to fit in okay until i move the tensioner as it rubs the chain and if i move it it will eventually move back and start to rub on the chain again and it must push the wheel a bit when it moves

I've had a similar problem, on mine the dropout bent slightly because the axle isn't in properly and the inside of the dropout looses metal because the axle keeps slipping; this lead to the tension never being correct to hold the hub.

Its worth trying a couple of mm aluminium washers either side of the hub to increase its width, you can get a pack of 20 off ebay for about £1. Mines been awesome since I put them in.

Just make sure your inner diameter fits the axle bolt size.

I've had a similar problem, on mine the dropout bent slightly because the axle isn't in properly and the inside of the dropout looses metal because the axle keeps slipping; this lead to the tension never being correct to hold the hub.

Its worth trying a couple of mm aluminium washers either side of the hub to increase its width, you can get a pack of 20 off ebay for about £1. Mines been awesome since I put them in.

Just make sure your inner diameter fits the axle bolt size.

ah alright cheers for the help