Leaky magura issue

bing

My rear mag was leaking, so I rebled and nipped all the fittings up so it wouldn't leak again. However the lever went soft within an hour of riding. A full strip down revealed a broken fitting at the slave end of the braided hose. I have since given it all a good clean and purchased a length of hope hose from crc. However reading the tartys website it says this won't work with magura fittings. I have the hope olives and hose insert, I don't see the problem. Can anybody shed any light on this. Techy bods help please

Dan

magura hose is low pressure vinyl tube,hope hose is high pressure disc tube with fibre reinforcement carcass

the inner diameter of the hope hose should be fairly small,you couldnt move the amount of oil a low pressure brake moves.

youd press the lever and the brake would drag like a syringe for example,you release it,same game

Edited by FamilyBiker

It wasn't the hose in the end, I replaced all the hoses and crossovers, fittings and olive, tried 2 sets of slaves and it still went soft at the lever. Upon closer inspection the lever body is cracked. So I bought a brand new full set and left them oil bled. The feel is a little bit softer than I'm used to, but it'll be reyt. At least I have leak free working brakes now, with 4 finger levers as a bonus