Monty 221 Cesar Canas Replica

Jenga

This is my old Monty 221, probably from 2004 or 2005.

I just took it from my brother garage, changed front tire and checked brakes.

I'm a total newbie, I am learning basic moves (lateral jumps, nose, pivots...) so it does its job so far.

bici1.jpg?w=960

bici2.jpg?w=960

Does any of you knows which Magura Rim brakes are this?

There are no codes or labels, on the lever there is only "Quick Silver"...

Just your standard pre 2005 HS33 brakes. Not a big fan of the new Montys but I have a soft spot for these older models (Y)

This is sweet! Love the green and silver, bet it's so fun on 2 wheels.

Yeah as above, 2004 magura hs33

Thanks all, so a standard Magura Service Kit will be ok!

I just made a mess with front brake... I broke the brake... (ok, please don't kill me for this stupid joke... I'm Italian and I'm silly).

I fell down and the handlebar made a 180... so the hose "left" the Y connector... oil and fear everywhere...

Do you think that connecting the pads in the "modern" way (like recent Magura HS33, a pad connected with the other that is connected to the lever, without the Y thing) is possible?

Thanks in advance!

This is my old Monty 221, probably from 2004 or 2005.

i think it's from 2000 or 2001. I remember when i started to ride trials, about 13 years ago, riding on my monty 219 x-alp, i couldn't stop to see that bike in that color wishing to have one....definitely one of my favorites bikes ever :wub: never had one though

Edited by -G-

i think it's from 2000 or 2001. I remember when i started to ride trials, about 13 years ago, riding on my monty 219 x-alp, i couldn't stop to see that bike in that color wishing to have one....definitely one of my favorites bikes ever :wub: never had one though

Yeah but if you owned one you would chop it in half within the first hour of ownership.

Edited by wilf
  • Like 2