GU 26" New Build

AlexClare94

It's not like leaving your tyre on makes it a chore though - you can even just stand on the tyre to keep it out of the way of the grinder if you're worried that you can't work out where the rim stops and your wrist begins when holding it out of the way by hand. Keeping the tyre on will always result in better braking, irrespective of the type of pads you're running.

EDIT: Bike looks cool, by the way :P

Nice bike!

Just to say I don't really like the idea of grinding a wheel with a tyre on. Don't really fancy destroying the sidewalls on my nice try-all sticky lites at 50 bazz a tyre. Would it not be common sense for those worried of contamination to just wipe the sidewalls of the tyre with a damp microfiber cloth? Works for me...

That is all

Tyres can take a lot of abuse from a grinder before they're rendered useless. You'll just skim the sidewall when grinding.

I normally get a bit of wood and rest it against the tyre and stand/kneel on it to push it down.

I do like smooth rims and.they work.great when they work. But it's conditions that are dirty that bother me, I don't really ride in the rain anyway but if it's a really hot muggy day smooth rims are shit.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

cheers for all the comments and that, havent been on here in a while but been riding all the time when i get the chance. But yeah being of the bike for almost 2 years, I'm slowly getting back to how i was.. but only got little obstacles atm, but the bike is riding awesome. and I've ridden this beauty in the rain too, as here i france it is blooming boiling so riding in the rain is so much better than riding it sweltering 34'c haha

Nice looking ride, what's the specs on the stem your running? How tall are you?

The stem is 160 x 30/35.. and I'm 6ft4 :)

And trust me guys, I'll keep taking the tyre off, I've had the bike for barely 3 weeks now and if i damaged the tyre then its a pain in the arse for me getting just a tyre over to france.. seen as i doubt anywhere in france does decent tyres lol