Valuation / market status of wheels?

SAMWELL

Hi all... years since my last post, probably, but Ive got a question I need help with an answer for.

Ive just purchased a used trials set up... I bought it mostly for the frame but it came with wheels and fork, bars etc...

I want to sell the wheels on, I reckon someone is bound to want them. They are Viz gold rims, drilled, single wall built onto a red Viz disc hub on the front and a blue Hope Mono on the rear. Laced up with DT Swiss black spokes and both in pretty good condition (rear is grinded a bit).

From the trials days that I remember, these would go for a fair amount... but Im so out of touch now.

The reason I ask is that I am now living in Sweden and postage will probably cost me a fair whack to the UK. Im just not sure if its worth me putting them on ebay or here if theres no market for wheels of this build anymore?

Thanks in advance!

I would've said closer to £70, but I'm constantly surprised by how little people let parts sell for so Nick's probably closer to the reality :(

Hubs/freewheels have come a fair way since the Mono (by which I basically mean they have a lot more EPs :P ), so people just don't want to pay for them. It also doesn't help that trials riders en masse are as fickle as mountain bikers, and they'd be even harder to sell since none of those parts have the currently fashionable logos branded on them :( :(

Thats interesting to think of.. I didnt think split it would fetch much more at all, but perhaps if ebaying it then it opens up the options for xc/freeride riders as well.

I would have considered keeping it as emergancy spares but this is my 2nd 26" i have, i dont ride enough to warrant keeping spares that might be worth even a little and there are no local riders to me, nearest maybe 1 hours drive away but hes selling up his stuff anywho. Trials isnt that big over here :(