Ol' girl restored - Ashton Tribute

Crashtest33

Why are we all exactly the same age on here?! Lol

(Probably cos the youngsters are all out on their steeds)

All old and struggling to come to terms with aging.

Think this bike strikes a chord with lot of us. Think we can safely say weve had atleast one of the components on this build in some guise years ago.

How did you manage to get such a good condition irc tyre? Think we are due a return to amber/gum wall tyres being trendy/available.

Eloquently put bud.

I just hope my kids keep following their parents examples of being active and doing great physical things instead of having their faces stuck in an iPad, something we all never had. (Except my Atari Lynx & Spektrum ;) )

I do have one more Kujo DH in the same condition if anyone needs one.

• 1 month later...

More piccies.

It's just about to pour down here so I'll get some more full size shots in the sun asap

This looks fantastic! Did you already have a lot of the parts or have you managed to find them for the project?

What cassette is that? It's exactly what I'm looking for but have no idea how to do!

I'm working on building up my own tribute but only at the beginning: http://www.trials-forum.co.uk/topic/191300-cannondale-martyn-ashton-signature-edition/

Hey Cosmic.

The cassette is literally a joblot of Shimano HG/IG 6-7-8spd rings with alloy spacers in between them.

You can buy a brand new HG cassette of eBay for not a lot. Just remove the 4 long grub screws holding the larger rings together and ditch anything larger that 18T.

I put an extra 11T on mine so I have some road speed when I go out with the wife n kids on a bike ride.

The gear spacers used on 6-8spd cassettes are all the same size so get the right thickness spacers and don't miss any gear sizes otherwise it won't shift.

Then just space it up so the cassette lockring goes on properly and set your rear mech deadstops accordingly, et voila.