My oldschool Monty bike and the new Montybike.

87Monty

I have black plastidip rubberspray if i want it black one day :) a spray film it is removable without any problem.  The green rim color is much lighter than the pics.   Easy to find now in the dark. Lol..

But i see what u mean.

Knock knock, whoes there? A brand new eagle claw tire!,  sticky nice rubber.

I need to use that in rear.. Lol

Best looking 19" tire in my opinion, i sold my old used one,but i regret..but it was hard old rubber anyway. So nice with a new one.

DSC_0598.JPG

Edited by 87Monty

• 1 month later...

Another monty,  magura 218,  my brother child driving motorcross trial, actually begins to be good. But now he want a trialbike too,so he can practicise when he cant drive motor trial.  Got it cheap and works good.,  my brother on 38 was jealous so he bought a 219 kamel, lol., he is driving motor trial too.

mms_20160515_232524.jpg

DSC_0219.JPG

DSC_0221.JPG

• Like 3

• 3 months later...

Got an old monty biketrial 2,5" tire, just fun to have,maybe i will try it on the 47mm rim one day. Feels heavy as the 2.7" tire.   Mounted it on a 42mm rim and store it away for now.

And installed some rimstickers on the green rim aswell.

DSC_0743.JPG

DSC_0737.JPG

DSC_0738.JPG

_20160815_230620.JPG

Edited by 87Monty

get it anodized, you've gone to alot of effort and expense to drop the weight, why not go all the way? also get your tyres cut down! my part worn and reduced tread creepy crawler was almost as light as a brand new OBR rear tyre. and i never felt that the maxxis under performed for the lack of tread

Haha yeah maybe, nice to have when i wanna change ,lol , the creepy crawler and eagle claws are my favorites. Nice damping in it.  

Well i wanted to get a new one in case they will stop producing it. Have only a old and used one with hard rubber.   Tyres i have im storing dark and cold to keep them most fresh until i will use it.

Edited by 87Monty
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Here we go again, looked for the old  x-lite tires with yellow white sidewall from monty, but only found but new hydra (i think) tire with white line around, so ofcourse i need to try it, but now im done, i promise..  love the retro tires,soft and cool. The eagle claw is also on in front aswell.

Have also replaced freewheel and bottombracket bearings with new.

DSC_3771.JPG

DSC_3356.JPG

Edited by 87Monty

• 10 months later...